Dove Centre in Bonnyville is currently hiring a CDW-Residential to join their team! This shift is 4 days on, 4 days off.
The Community Disability worker (CDW); under supervision of his/her supervisor; supports individuals to become valued members of their community. They will support individuals to make natural connections through employment and social opportunities. They will provide support in the area of Supported Independent Living; which includes; cooking/menu planning, cleaning, budgeting/finances, hygiene, social interaction, relationship building, support to medical appointments, med administration, making healthy choices in all areas of their lives. The CDW will work within the team to identify barriers to achieving outcomes and brainstorm solutions to increase the successful attainment of goals identified.
• Completing timesheets, time off request forms, statutory holiday and sick time forms within assigned time frames;
• Reporting to the Team Leader and following his/her direction as well as those of senior staff;
• Actively participating to fulfill the organizations vision and mission;
• Assisting in goal planning for individuals and organization;
• Participating in monthly staff meetings and special meetings as requested by the Team Leader and/or senior staff;
• Performing all supports in accordance with policies, procedures and guidelines set by the Dove Centre, program specific policies, PDD, and the accreditation standards.
• Adhering to ethical standards or the Dove Centre, PDD and the accreditation governing body.
• Facilitating and supporting to build and maintain positive natural connections between the individual and members in their community;
• Presenting oneself in a professional respectful and courteous manner at all times;
• Adhering to the Oath of Confidentiality
• Assisting in the development and implementation of individual program plans;
• Assisting individuals, according to functioning abilities, with hygiene and personal care and daily living skills;
• Assisting in the coordination, implementation and supervision of vocational, recreational and leisure pursuits of individuals;
• Observing, recording and reporting information pertinent to the individual’s programs;
• Assisting with cooking, cleaning and general household maintenance
• Grade 12 Diploma
• Basic Skills training, min one-year experience working with individuals with disabilities.
• A clear criminal record and Child Welfare Check
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team setting as well as without direct supervision
• Ability to function in crisis and follow instructions
• Ability to teach living, vocational and social skills
• Observation and assessment skills and a special interest or hobbies in arts, crafts, music, games and/ormsports an asset.
If you are interested, please submit your resume to:
OR upload your resume on our jobs posting page.Submit your Resume Here